- We collect nonpublic personal information about you from our interviews, tax organizers and past year's tax returns such as your name, address, telephone numbers, Social Security number, dependents, income and other tax-related data.
- Information from tax-related documents that you provide us that are required to process your tax return, such as Forms W-2, 1099R, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV and stock transactions.
- We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our clients to anyone except as requested by the client or as required by law. We restrict access of this information about you to employees of this firm who need to know this information to provide services for you. We maintain procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. Bell Tax Accountants, Inc. will not sell or share any of your information with any nonaffiliated third party entities.
Drake Software, through which your online filing is made, further states:
- Web Browsing: When you visit our site and move from page to page, read pages or download content onto your computer, we use standard web server log files, to count visitors and evaluate our site's technical capacity. We learn which pages are visited, what is downloaded, the domains our visitors came from and the addresses of sites visited immediately before coming to our site. However, none of this is associated with you as an individual. It is measured only in aggregate. This information helps us to keep the pages on our site browser-friendly and useful to our visitors.
- E-Mail: When you send us an e-mail to comment on something or to ask us a question, we learn of your exact e-mail address and the thoughts you share within such email. We use your e-mail address to thank you for your comment and/or reply to your question, and we will store your communication and our reply in case we correspond further. We may, from time to time, use this information to make our users aware of special offers from Bell Tax Accountants, Inc..
- Mailing List and Other Services: When you give us your e-mail address and/or other information and ask us to provide you with specific communications or other services we offer, we learn your exact e-mail address along with any other information you provide in your request. We use your e-mail address and any other information to provide you with the information or other services you requested until you ask that we stop (using the instructions provided with each e-mail and/or on the site or as we otherwise provide), or until the information or service is no longer available. We may also, from time to time, use this information to make our users aware of special offers from Bell Tax Accountants, Inc.. Any information we obtain will remain within Bell Tax Accountants, Inc..
- Security: This web site takes every precaution to protect our users information. When users submit sensitive information, the information is protected. When we ask for sensitive information, such as credit card number, social security number, and other tax related information, that information is encrypted by utilizing a SSL.